Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Journal Entry # 10



Today, I was selected as a possible juror (someone who performs jury duty). However, the court decided that they already had enough jurors. Part of me wishes that I could have participated in the case to see what it is like in the courtroom. However, part of me is glad that I don't have to miss class (because of my wonderful students and also the money).

In America, the legal system includes lawyers, judges, and jurors. How does the legal system work in your country? Who decides whether a person is innocent or guilty?

The Legal System In Korea

Every country has their own legal system which is based on their history and social. My country has also our special legal system. There are the supreme court, high court, district court and domestic relations court. There are defendant, prosecutor and witnesses and counsels for both of them. It doesn't have jurors like as U.S's one. If prosecutor or defendant, who has lose a suit, wants to appeal, then they will be forwarded to higher court.

No comments: